8 May 2012

Nightwalk SS12.






Slideshow Order

Slide (1)
- Bad Kitty & Le Hat Nior - Bonnie Bling - Claudette -



- Dawtraversial Shoes - Fair Feathered Friend - Handmade In Partick -
- Isolated Heros - Jennie Loof - Nicci N - Nicole Bidoli -

Slide (2)
- NLM Designs - Obscure Couture -
- Outspoken - Rene Walrus - Sweet Danger -

So, the show? It was fun. Really interesting. One thing I have learned about Scottish Fashion/Scottish Designers, they are crazy. Brilliantly Crazy. Eveything shown was so different to anything I've seen (Bear in mind I haven't been to many professional fashion shows) but I enjoyed it and seen TONS of stuff I want in my wardrobe.
I however was not impressed that we had to stand for 2 hours. Bad move Arches! There were lots of older men and women there, some maybe Gransparents supporting the Designers and Models who were forced to stand and they must have been bloody shattered. It really ruined the night for a lot of people and a lot of the crowd were fed up and moaning about it. Maybe next time I'll take a wee foldy chair.
I loved all the collections shown but my favourites were:
Obscure Couture
A sensationale collection from the girls, didn't expect anything less. I really am considering them designing my wedding dress after the yellow fishtail number. Offt. I've never seen the girls before but they are so young. Them doing so well and their collections being so good at that age makes me really need to re-evaluate my life.
Jennie Loof
Aww I loved this collection for its girly feminine charm. The lace skirt were amazing and the colours and fabrics used only enhanced the femininity. All trough I kept thinking. I'd buy that, I'd wear that, I want that.

Nicole Bidoli
The menswear shown for Nicole Bidoli was insane! So high end looking I could have mistaken the show for Dior. It was really great and the models weren't too bad at all ;)
NLM Designs
Ahhh Tartan, sheer, huge collars and Bucky leggins, what more could you need in a Scottish collection. The tartan blazer was one of my favourite pieces of the night I just wanted the model to pull it off and launch it into the air like a bouquet of flowers, and of course I would have dived over the stage to have it. I also loved the buckfast shirt/playsuite huge embrodiered collar. Teamed up with some leather trousers, or legs oot it would look amazing!
Sweet Danger
I think its very difficult to make Tie Dye look modern and expensive. But Sweet danger not only changed my look at tie dye but they made it look modern, classy and (to me anyway) fashionable again! I think the splashes of yellow amoungst the purple and blue dye just made the pieces pop. The way the fabrics flowed down the catwalk also made them look so girly and expensive!

Sweet Dreams

Paula .. x