2 November 2012

Movember.

I can't believe it is November already! 2012 is flying in.

So what is Movember?

Movember is a charity whose aim is to promote awareness of men's health, prostate and testicular Cancer in particular. Its about promoting the idea of checking your self (or your man) and checking out anything usual at the doctors!
 
I love Movember! I think its an extremely important, and FUN charity! I try to get as involved as I can every year!

If your a boy you can grow a moustache if your a girl, you can come up with other ways. I am going to attempt (for the second time) 30 ways to wear a moustache!

So get on my Instagram to see!
@thebrantasticlife.

So why is this so important to me?

Last year I briefly mentioned that I had lost someone. I'd like to go in to a little more detail as recent events in my life have hit home that people are still choosing to ignore symptoms rather than go to a doctor.
 
In 2006, I lost my Dad. He suffered a fatal brain hemorrhage? (its telling me that that is how its spelled ... I think its lying ...) and died at the age of 48. It wasn't until after his funeral that we found out that he had been complaining of constant headaches at work. Of course he wouldn't dare tell my mum knowing full well she would make him see a doctor. The doctor told us that the hemorrhage was unstoppable, but had they known about it they could have hospitalised him and medication would have greatly reduced it. However he didn't, and we know what happened.
 
Last week my uncle was diagnosed with bladder cancer. He openly admits that he has ignored and hidden the symptoms for the last 2 years. Socking right?
 
I'm not telling you this because I want sympathy or comments. I'm telling you because I know my Dad will be kicking himself because he kept quiet. If he knew I was keeping quiet he would kick my arse!
 
People die because of fear/pride/laziness, its real it happens! If your not bothered about yourself think about the people who are left behind if you go, friends and family shattered! If you are suffering any symptoms please don't be frightened, it probably is nothing, but don't take the risk.
 
Happy Movember :)

Lets save some lives!
 
Sweet Dreams
 
Paula .. x