31 December 2014

Goodbye 2014.

2014, where to start. It wasn't a bad year at all, it was kind of the year I needed after last years horror story.

At the end of 2013 I was diagnosed with depression, which I've always been very open about with everyone, and that was the main focus of 2014, to rest and recover. I had a whole list of things I wanted to do in order to help myself get better. 
Here was my list of things I planned to do over the year;

1. Paint Bike
2. Photography Course
3.Travel (Prague, Berlin, Italy, Amsterdam)
4. Fashion Week
5. Swim with the sharks
6. Edinburgh Marathon
7. Skiing
8. Sewing Course
9. Bungee Jump
10. Tattoos
11. T in the Park
12. Go Ape
13. Blackpool

Out of all of that I manged to get 2 new tattoos, I spent my birthday in Blackpool with my friends and in the summer I went to Amsterdam. I'm not going to lie and say I wish I hadn't done more, but I'm now working full time and I think the list was a bit much, not realistic as I have had a few relapses, although no where near last years extent. But it just means I can make sure to get it done this year ... Berlin 2015 is already in the planning! I also could never do the Edinburgh Marathon!

As well as this list I had my resolutions;
 
Get a full time/real job
I got a new job in Feb 2014 year after finally struggling enough in my old one, and I can honestly say this has been one of the best things to happen to me this year by far, I love my job, I love the company I work for and the group of people I work with are honestly the loveliest bunch of babes I have ever met. The place has made such a big difference to my mental state. I was working in such a negative environment before and this new job is all about positivity! Just what I needed. Then in October I got a new role, which meant more responsibilities and more hours! So I am now earning enough money to actually be able to make plans. I'm very glad I handed my CV in that day!
  
For 2015 its all about trying to get in to Personal shopping or creative work, so I need to focus and drive myself to get to where I want to be before Christmas next year, I don't think I could cope with Christmas in Retail again ... I think I'll still be exhausted from this year. 
Go to more gigs
 I went to so many gigs this year and seen so many of my favourite artists and bands! I have loved it and it will continue this year, the only problem is no one likes the same music as me so its a nightmare trying to recruit gig buddies!
Be more charitable
I hate to say this is the one I haven't been able to stick to as much as I would have liked, but forgive me if I've been a bit selfish this year and been dealing with my own shit. BUT my best friend and I have a plan for a big charity event this year so lets see how that goes!
Learn to drive
Nope ... never going to happen.
Stay away from boys
This is one I am very glad to say I have stuck to! I've realised this year what I want, its only taken me about a decade, but in that same breath I've also realised that no one is going to be 100% what you want, so don't stress. I'm not too fussed about being single, I really don't mind it, but it would be nice to date a little and get out there.

I do want to meet someone but I'm in absolutely no rush to waste my time with more idiots, like I've been doing the past few years!
 
Travel
This is on my list every year and it always will be, my only struggle again is finding people to go with ... my group of friends don't really do holidays, I can't do camp America and all my best friends have weddings/mortgages so I'm always stuck cause I don't want to go alone ... its one of the main reasons I do want to meet someone, so I can drag them around the world with me!

I am trying with work to get work abroad opening new stores so I really am hoping I get an opportunity to do that this year!